The coronavirus outbreak continues to dominate the headlines, spreading to more than 155 countries with over 185,000 confirmed cases and over 7,000 deaths, 68 of those being in the U.S. as of March 17, 2020. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) continue to insist that employers, as well as individuals be vigilant in preventing the spread of this disease.
The attached HR Compliance Bulletin can be used as a resource for employers who are working to prepare their workplace as the virus continues to spread. It provides additional information on:
- What the coronavirus is
- How the virus is spread
- Tips to prevent the spread of the virus in the workplace
- Workplace compliance regulations and how the coronavirus outbreak can play a role in these policies:
- Employee leave requirements,
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970 (OSHA) etc.
Additionally, the bulletin also contains a link to the CDC website to view the most current details on the coronavirus pandemic and many additional resources.
Read the HR Compliance Bulletin.
Contact your Cowden representative for more information on this or other compliance issues.