Our Services | Cowden Associates
Recognized as a leading independent total compensation consulting firm, Cowden has assembled seasoned professionals to provide client-focused advice designed to produce superior and measurable results to businesses, regardless of size or industry. Client industries include: financial institutions, governmental entities, healthcare, manufacturing, not-for-profit, school districts and Taft-Hartley. Click to see our corporate brochure.
Retaining the optimal level of staffing and ensuring an orderly succession is an on-going challenge. As a result, alternate arrangements must be developed to both retain or when necessary, eliminate employees or executives. An operating facility may also have to be ramped-up properly or embark on an orderly shutdown. Each situation requires an independent and objective review, which could include creating special retention arrangements, severance, or early retirement/window options.
Cowden’s compensation practice applies a holistic and continuous approach to working with clients to develop and implement tailored compensation strategies and plans. In order to construct a plan that’s right for each client, we work closely with them to understand company business goals and objectives while conducting thorough research to gather all of the significant data. Our consulting process includes evaluation of the company’s existing programs and their effectiveness through external benchmarking of peer groups; analysis of overall competitiveness of total compensation, including annual and long-term incentives; and analysis and recommendation of appropriate base salary and incentive opportunities, equity ownership and retirement plans.
Cowden views our role as an advisor to be an extension of the team that manages a company’s health & benefits plan. Our consultative process utilizes a multi-phase, strategic approach to assist clients in developing a comprehensive plan to manage your health & benefits program. Our services include:
- Health & Benefits Plan Strategy Development
- Health & Benefits Plan Financial Management
- Health & Benefits Ongoing Client Service and Administration
Cowden knows that a retirement program is an integral part of your organization’s total compensation strategy. Cowden provides the full array of services for managing defined benefit plans, including the following:
- Comprehensive actuarial, advisory and financial management services for on-going plans
- Analysis of advantages and disadvantages of freezing and ultimately terminating a defined benefit pension plan, including developing replacement plans, funding and expense projections, investment consulting services, communication services, actuarial services and compliance assistance
- Termination services, including actuarial valuation, communications, compliance, assistance with purchasing annuities and/or providing rollover solutions for lump-sum distributions
Multiemployer Retirement Plans
We provide actuarial expertise to Trustees of Multiemployer plans through working with trustees to ensure that pension plans operate smoothly in today’s market conditions. Zone reporting and forecasting comes via our proprietary software ZoneCast.
Multiemployer Health and Welfare Plans
Cowden will assess your benefits offerings, including funding methods, plan design, market competitiveness, costs, and cost drivers, to assist in the development of a short and long-term strategic plan that aligns with your benefits and Fund objectives.